About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hot Cocoa Amazingness!

I love hot chocolate, especially the ready-to-make, just-add hot water, in-a-packet kind. I know that may sound absurd to hot chocolate connoisseurs, but whatevs!

Being the indulgent person that I am sometimes, I picked up a tin of hot chocolate from Jacques Torres . I can eat this mix straight from the tin with just a spoon, its sooooo good. Which I have done, by the way. The first tin I bought of this was gone within a few days and I had never actually made a hot chocolate with it.  So with a few nudges from Bartek, I actually made the hot chocolate this time around.

It has giant chunks of gourmet chocolate in it. It is absolutely delicious.

The label on the tin says to mix 1/2 cup of milk with 1/4 cup of chocolate. After tasting it, I think you can definitely add about half of the amount of chocolate. Its way too much. Here is the final product. Good lord, its so thick!


I added some frothed milk too. Yum!


Here is my giant fail of the night. How do you people that make hot cocoa with milk heat up the milk? I always burn it!! Look at this grossness....it gets all stuck to the bottom of the pan!

No comments:

Post a Comment