About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Rebuttal to Guest Blogger: I LOVE LISTS!

My name is Chrissi, and I make lists.
Yes, its true! Nothing gives me more joy than creating a list and then crossing off each item as its accomplished. Ok, not entirely true. Many things give me more joy, but "listing"-as I will now call it-is my guilty pleasure!!

I think "listing" is a genetic disease, inherited, most definitely, from my mother. She is the queen of lists and even has abbreviations for things-our names, rooms in the house, etc. She even gave me a new list pad in my stocking for Christmas- YES! I was so excited when I saw it. It has a magnet to hang on the refrigerator and everything!

I also have another confession: sometimes I write things on my list that I've already done, just so I can cross it off! I'm sure endorphines are released each time I cross another thing off my list. Its blissful! 

I also have a slight obsession with office supplies. All the better to create lists with, my dear! You should see my lists at work. Crossed off in highlighter, to match my mood of the week. This week its orange, which I think is extra peppy and energetic. I use pink highlighter when I'm feeling particularly cute. Blue when I want to change it up. Yellow when I realize that I haven't used the most popular highlighter color in a while. And green, like never. Ughh, who uses green highlighter? Ok, now I'm sure you can see my obsession with office supplies rearing its ugly head!

There is a scene from the first season of Modern Family (one of my favorite shows!) that soooo mimics mine and Bartek's relationship. (Sorry if I can't remember it 100% accurately, but I'm trying here...)Phil and Claire Dunphy are at a hotel for Valentine's Day. They decide to meet at a bar and pretend they're strangers, Clive and Julianna. 
"Julianna": (seductively) So Clive, tell me about your wife. What does she do? 
"Clive": She makes lists
"Julianna": (rolls eyes)

Is there some way to make list-writing sexy?

As "Daddy" pointed out, yes, he is "blissfully unburdened", but guess who gets the weight of the burden times two? ME! If it weren't for my lists, he'd have a mountain of clothes sitting on his side table, waiting to be put away. Oh wait, he does. Guess that's one thing he didn't cross off the list today. Maybe because the list was destroyed by his co-conspirator....





Yes, I may be a "joykill", but guess what, if it weren't for my lists, you'd have no clothes to wear, no food to eat. You would be surrounded by filth. You, "Daddy", are a man, and therefore, do not know how to take care of yourself. Its something that only me and my lists can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment