About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Stuck in a Dinner Rut?

Lately, planning our meals for the week has been a painstaking process. Our Sunday mornings usually go like this...

Me: "Bartek, what do you want to eat this week?"
Bartek: (stares at the TV, not answering)
Me: "Hon....hello?!? What do you want to eat this week?"
Bartek: "Uhhhh I don't know. Chicken" (continues to stare at TV)
Me: "Ok, that's one day. What do you want the rest of the week?"
Bartek: (no answer)

and on, and on, and on...

Yes, we are in a dinner rut! We seem to make the same meals every week!

And then I remembered! The recipe box! My lovely bridesmaids put this together for my bridal shower. They asked each of my guests to write down their favorite recipe. And they put them all in the super cute box. 



So we pulled out a recipe from my lovely friend, Marta, for Garlic Shrimp Linguine! It was delicious! And took maybe 15 minutes to make! 



I was thinking, people do cookie swaps all the time. Why not do a recipe swap? Other people have such great ideas that you never think of. Why not spice it up? Having a nice box of recipes as a go-to makes things so much easier when you and your husband are clueless. 

What do you do when you're in a rut?

3 comments:

  1. Could you share Marta's recipe? It looked yummy and I pretty much make the same things over and over too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! It's delicious...
    1 ring frozen shrimp (defrosted)
    chopped garlic
    1 tbsp butter (although I used a little more)
    linguine

    Boil linguine according to directions.

    While the pasta's boiling, add butter to a separate pan. Once its heated up, add the garlic and let it brown (but be careful not to overcook). Add the shrimp (sans tails) and let them sit on one side for about 4-5 minutes. And then flip and cook on the other side for about 3-4 minutes.

    Toss the shrimp with the pasta and add chopped fresh parsley and ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try and buy something kind of different while I'm grocery shopping (this week it was frozen okra) and then I'll look around Martha Stewart's site or allrecipes.com to find a good recipe that uses it as an ingredient. :)

    ReplyDelete