About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Giant Fail!

This is my attempt at starting a family tradition....

I wanted to make ornaments for our Christmas tree every year and thought that maybe Landon could participate. What better way than to use his footprint? Its not like he has the motor skills to be the next Martha Stewart...at least not yet!

My (some-what) willing participant:

and the instrument of choice:


And now a bloody-looking foot:

And the worst looking footprint ever!


For some reason, fingerpaints aren't the best for footprints. They're too watery. 

Anyway, here is the finished product. It looks terrible! 





Don't think I'll be getting job offers for creative director at the Martha Stewart magazine any time soon.


Do any of you have any holiday family traditions that you do year after year?

2 comments:

  1. Some of my favorites:
    My family eats 12 grapes (each represents a month of the year) and gouda cheese with champagne on NYE. We make a wish for each grape we eat.

    Other traditions I enjoy are getting new PJ's on Christmas Eve, getting a new ornament for the tree, and the best of all is the "not now but pretty soon" gift. Every year Bub makes a gift for everyone in the family. It is called the "not now but pretty soon" gift because it was never done in time when she was working. We also put funny comments on labels on gifts instead of putting names on them. You can always tell who the list is for by the label.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of the grape thing, but that sounds really cool! And you can never go wrong with champagne!

    We always did the new PJ's on Christmas Eve too. But lately our PJ drawers have been getting over-filled, so we had to stop.

    I love the funny comments on the tags idea. I think we need to start doing that!

    ReplyDelete