About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Moments That Make You Proud

I don't know about you but when I was younger, I loved it when my parents said how proud they were of me. Mostly it was because I knew I wasn't messing up at that particular point in time. But just seeing the smile on my Mom and Dad's faces made me feel good.

Now I'm in their shoes. Landon just really warms my heart, especially when he makes me proud to be his mom. For some reason, it really feels like your heart turns to goo. You just melt! I'm sure there is some scientific reasoning behind it-like a release of dopamine in your brain, but I like my "goo theory" much better. 

Check out Landon lifting his head up realllyyyy high:



This is him playing Baby Jesus at the children's nativity on Christmas. He didn't make a peep! After mass, all the kids were whispering, "Look, there's Baby Jesus." He was such a rockstar



And perhaps my proudest moment yet...I magically caught his first time rolling over on film:



And here's his latest milestone:



It's funny the things that you feel proudest of when you become a parent. You could teach a dog to roll over in a few minutes with a hand full of treats. Lifting your head up? Can't you do that from birth? When you see your baby growing and learning and developing into his or her own person, you can't help but smile and think "I created this little person and he's going to be the best that he can be".

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute blog, Chrissi! Now I have a great source of adorableness to help me procrastinate throughout my workday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vanessa! I hope its a great distraction for you :)

    ReplyDelete