About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Friday, January 6, 2012

A Little Staycation Can Do You Good

It's amazing how a week off from work can spoil you rotten!

I'm lucky enough to work at a company that gives us off the entire week between Christmas and New Years every year and this year, Bartek took off too. We had our own little stay-cation. Besides a lot of lazying around, we went to two botanical gardens: Longwood Gardens in PA and the New York Botanical Gardens for the Holiday Train Show.

Here's some of our fam at Longwood Gardens 


I love this pic!

 And here is our trip out to the Boogie Down for the train show with my mom





Its amazing the detail they put into these houses and buildings. Everything is made out of plant material! I definitely recommend checking it out sometime. They do this every year.

So anyway, after our week of fun and vegging, getting back into work-mode has been pretty rough. I've been staying up really late, keeping true to my "Mommy 'Til Midnight" name, and waking up in the middle of the night with a crying baby (who usually sleeps through the night, what the hell!?). Let's just say that coffee has been a god-send this week. And hoping that my red and glassy eyes return to normal soon.

As I'm writing this, the clock just changed over to 12:00am. Why can't I ever get to bed early?!? Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment