About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Things You Should Add to Your Resume Once You Become a Parent

There are so many many important life skills you acquire once you become a parent, all of which should be considered when applying for a new job....seriously! This is how my new resume would read:

Chrissi M. Mommy

Objective: To Be the Best Mommy I can be
Experience:
     Landon (August 2011-present)

  • Boo-Boo kissing
  • Hug giving
  • Kiss smothering
  • Professional rocking 
  • Cry soothing
  • Drool catching
  • Raspberry blowing
  • Goofy-face making
  • Explosion cleaning
  • Giggle baiting
  • Song writing

The last one is one of my favorite new skills you learn as a parent. Everything you do with your baby becomes a song. Here are a few of our favorites:

Bath Time Song
Bath time for Landon
Fun time for Landon
Bath time for Landon
means fun time for Landon
(repeated over and over again from the changing table to the tub)

Stinky Diaper time 
Stinky Diaper, Stinky Diaper, Stinky Diaper timeeee
Its time for Stinkyyy Diaperr time

and my all time favorite, with lyrics by Bartek.....

Landon's Buttcream Song
Landon's buttcream in the butt
feels so good in the you-know-what
Landon's buttcream is so creamy
it makes his butt feel oh-so dreamy
(repeat over and over)

Although all of your new acquired "skills" as a new parent are pretty silly, I think they are still really important. They remind you to not take life too seriously. I'm finding that as a parent, I'm lightening up. Going with the flow. Learning to take things one at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment