About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Saying "No"

Is there even a point of saying "no" to a 7-month old? I repeatedly find myself doing it, but is there a purpose?

Landon will be sitting next to Bailey, seemingly petting him, and then he closes his fist around a chunk of Bailey's hair and rips! Poor Pup! He's been so good and patient around Landon. But each time I say "No, Landon! That's bad"
Bailey giving Landon sweet puppy kisses
And every night, while we are feeding him in his high chair, he'll slam his palm into his bowl of mush or rub his hand over his messy mouth and then spread it all over his face and into his hair. "Landon, no, you can't do that".

Although I don't think Landon can quite comprehend "No" just yet, he will eventually. It's more of a practice for me as a parent to learn how to take the upperhand and be the alpha in the parent-child relationship. I'll need to have this authority later on.

Let's just hope I can maintain it!

No comments:

Post a Comment