About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Favorite Baby Products

Earlier this week, I talked about the maternity gear and baby gear that I felt was useless. Now, on a more positive note, tonight is all about my favorite baby-related things! These are things I couldn't live without!

Dr. Brown's Bottle Microwave Sterilizer- I'm not quite sure how other parents out there clean bottles, but my daily ritual is to soak the bottles in a huge bowl of soapy water, then scrub with a bottle brush, rinse out and then sterilize. This product makes the sterilizing part so much easier. I put all of the bottles and pieces in the sterilizer, throw in some water and then pop it in the microwave for 5 minutes. No need to boil water!
Mobile- Landon's mobile has been a Godsend at times. If he's awake when we put him in his crib, the mobile is such a nice way to distract him and it eventually gets him nice and sleepy.

Sleep Sheep- The Sleep Sheep has also been a Godsend. Everyone always tells you that you need to play white noise for babies because it mimics the sounds of the womb. Well, I guess it's true! We've used the Sleep Sheep every night, and since we have the portable version, we can bring it with us anywhere. It lulls Landon to sleep or keeps him sleeping when we put him in the crib. It plays four noises (ocean, rain, heart beat, and whale) but we only use the ocean one.
Jumperoo-Landon absolutely loves his Jumperoo. I always find myself putting him in it when I'm cooking dinner or cleaning. It's great for distracting him, giving him exercise and giving Mommy a break. Landon goes crazy in it


Temporal Thermometer- the thermometer has been a lifesaver, it makes checking fevers so much easier! Normally, for babies, you take a rectal temperature. I just think this is weird and also time consuming. You have to get them undressed. And then you see that they need a new diaper, so you have to change them. Etc. With the temporal thermometer, you just have to swipe baby's forehead. It's so easy and you can even do it while they are sleeping. If it weren't for the temporal thermometer, I probably wouldn't have taken Landon to the hospital when I did. Thank God for it!


Saline Nose Spray-I always feel so bad doing this to Landon, but it really helps him breathe better when he has a stuffy nose. You spray the saline solution right up his nose and it helps the snot loosen up. He hates this with a passion. It's always such a struggle to get him to hold his head still without swatting the nozzle of the spray away. It's such torture...if only he knew I was doing it out of love!


High Chair that tilts-Now that Landon can hold his own bottle easily, it's a great way to transition from solids-time to having a bottle. I just tilt the seat back a little so he can get the angle of the bottle right. I pull the chair over to the entrance of our kitchen and he eats a bottle right there while I cook dinner. I'm so proud of my mommy-multitasking!
Pumping bra-the breast-pumping bra was another great way for me to multi-task while I was pumping when I returned to work. This allowed me to have my hands free and still use the computer. I'll spare the details, but it made the whole process so much easier! It's not something I use anymore, but it was well worth the money I spent on it!

If you are a mommy, what are some things you can't live without?

1 comment:

  1. I also loved the vibrating bouncy chair. both my kids were not swing babies- and this chair would lull them to sleep.

    ReplyDelete