About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Travel Bucket List

I'm very lucky to have been able to travel as much as I have. Sure, we could have saved the money we spent on these trips to use on a down payment on a house, but I don't regret the places I've been and the things I've seen. A house will come eventually, so I'm not terribly worried about that. I'll always have memories of where I have been.

I could write another post about my favorite places I've been, and I probably will, but today's topic is where I want to go most at some point in my life. There are so many places I'd love to see, but these are my top three:

Machu Picchu, Cusco, Peru
This has been my dream vacation for about 5 or 6 years now. I really want to do it all, including the days-long hike on the Inca Trail from Cusco to the ancient city in the mountains. There have been some issues with over-tourism that have forced them to cut back on the number of tourists allowed at the site everyday. Hopefully, I can see it while it's still standing! I definitely need to go here soon, while my joints still function, but I will need to get in shape for it.

Napa Valley, California
I'm not a wine aficionado, but I do love to drink it while taking in lovely scenery and being driven  just so I can drink more wine. Sounds like a good plan to me. Hopefully, I'll be able to do this trip in the next year or two!

I do love wineries. I haven't been to too many, but I love the Finger Lakes and our own Warwick Valley Winery close to where I grew up. There's something so relaxing and even kind of posh about being at a winery.

Tahiti- Bartek and I briefly considered going here for our honeymoon until we realized that just the cost of just the flights alone would be way out of our budget. The first thing that pops into my head when I think about Tahiti is the little huts that sit right in the crystal clear, blue water:

Can you imagine rolling out of bed and seeing this outside your window? I'm not really sure what else there is to do in Tahiti, but I'm sure it's mostly lounging, spa-ing, and just relaxing and enjoying life in general. As much as I'd love to go here now, I think this trip will have to wait till we're old and our kids have graduated college. Or now if we hit the lottery this week. 

What's on your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment