About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Homemade Baby Food-Prunes

Prunes are quite possibly one of the grossest fruits I can think of. They are sticky and nasty and they remind me of old people. Alas, I have to let Landon try everything so he can discover what he likes and doesn't like. So that does mean I have to let him eat prunes and Bartek has to let him eat bananas. We'll see if he likes them tomorrow!

Prunes-1st Foods
1 package of prunes
water

Immerse prunes in a bowl of warm water and let them plump up (about 10 minutes or so). 

Transfer the prunes into a food processor. Process for 2 minutes or so. 


**Check the consistency. I found that while they ground up really easily, the consistency of the plum puree was still pretty thick. I added at least 1-2 cups of the prune water to thin it down.**

Spoon the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze overnight. Once frozen, pop the cubes out into a ziploc bag and keep in the freezer until you need. it.



By the way, I'm really loving this whole baby-food making thing I've got going on. It makes me feel like a good mom and it's simple and cheap! Now we only buy pre-made baby foods to have if we have to travel somewhere, like to our parents' houses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment