About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Homemade Baby Food-Pears

Pears are another fruit I'm not so fond of. They have a weird gritty texture and are kind of like overripe apples. But Landon needs to discover what he likes and I won't hold him back. Here is another simple baby food puree to make at home.

Pears-1st foods
6-8 pears (I preferred Bartlett pears, see why below)
water
Core and quarter the pears. Put them in a steamer basket and lower into a large sauce pot with 1 to 1 1/2 inches of water. Bring to a boil and them cover and steam for about 7 minutes until the pears are tender. 


Remove the pears from the sauce pot and let them cool to room temperature. Reserve the water from the sauce pot. Once they are cool, peel away the skins. I preferred Bartlett pears compared to Bosc because the skin came off very easily. With the Bosc pears, I had to use a knife to cute the skin away.

Place the skinned pear pieces into a food processor and blend. Add pear water until desired consistency is reached.

Spoon the pear mixture into ice cube trays. Freeze overnight and then pop into freezer bags to store for the upcoming weeks.

Check out past homemade baby foods:
1st foods:
Prunes
Applesauce
Carrots
Bananas
Sweet Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment