About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happy SPRING!

Yay! Spring is here! Not like it's already been averaging around 60 degrees in NYC for most of the winter or anything. But hey, it's the Vernal Equinox so we need to celebrate!

Spring is such a great time of year. You ditch the heavy winter coat for lighter jackets. You wear prettier colors instead of drab and dull winter colors. You start to wear sandals, so that means more pedicures and bright, pretty toe polish.

Here are some more things I'm looking forward to:

Enjoying days at the park. Relaxing with my boys, throwing a frisbee or a football. Having a picnic.

Rutgers Day - I had a lot of fun last year when I went with my family. We got to walk around Cook and Douglass. Get free samples of things that college kids made. And in general, celebrate how awesome Rutgers is!
I was hugely preggo at the last Rutgers Day
Going Hiking-one of my favorite things to do, but I don't do it enough. It might be a challenge now that we have a 20(+) pound baby. I'll just strap on the Ergo Baby and accept the fact that my quads will be killing me the next day.
Unfortunately, we won't be hiking in Hawaii. New Jersey will have to do
And lastly but not least, enjoying daffodils! I don't know what it is, but for some reason, daffodils make me so happy. When I see them planted around our little area of Hoboken, it makes me super cheery and it definitely means that Spring has arrived!

Snapped this photo today while walking Bailey
So many fun things to look forward to. What are your favorite things about Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment