About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sweet Tooth Sunday-Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls

Happy Sunday to you all. Hope you had a marvelous weekend. It seems like lately we've been doing a lot of fruity desserts, so this weekend we decided to go for something chocolaty. I had a co-worker a few years ago that would give us Chocolate-covered peanut butter balls every year around Christmas. These were the most delicious gift ever and I've always wanted to figure out how to make them. Then I came across this recipe on Pinterest.



Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Creamy Peanut Butter-1 jar (16.3 ounces)
Powdered Sugar-3 1/2 c.
Butter, melted-1 c (2 sticks)
Milk Chocolate Chips- 2-11.5 ounce bags
White Chocolate Bar -1 -4 ounce bar

Using a hand mixer, blend together peanut butter, powdered sugar and butter until well mixed. Chill the mixture in the freezer for about 30 minutes until it firms up.

Roll into balls and chill for another 10 minutes.


Meanwhile, melt the milk chocolate chips in the microwave (for 60-90 seconds). Dip the peanut butter balls in  the melted chocolate using a toothpick or your fingers.


Drizzle with melted white chocolate and let harden on a cookie sheet topped with wax paper.




Landon and Kayla enjoying some peanut butter goodness (not really Landon, he was just watching).

Check out past Sweet Tooth Sundays:
Baked Alaska
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake

Bite Sized Apple Pies
Rolo Peanut Butter Brownies

Blackberry Mille-Feuille
Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies with Lemon Glaze
Banana Pudding
Caramel Apple Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Sea Salt Caramels
Rainbow Cake
Mini Oreo Cheesecakes






No comments:

Post a Comment