About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sweet Tooth Sundays-Lemon Cookies with Citrus Filling

I feel like I haven't posted in forever! This weekend has been so incredibly busy that it feels like just now I'm able to breathe! We went to an awesome wedding on Friday and yesterday was chock full of fun stuff! Today was the day to unwind from it all. And what a perfect way to do so with this delicious treat.




I found this recipe on The Kitchn. It was delicious!

Lemon Cookies with Citrus Filling
2 sticks of unsalted butter, at room temperature (16 tbsp.)
1 c. confectioner's sugar
1/4 c. heavy cream
zest of 2 lemons
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. flour

For the filling:
4 tbsp. butter, at room temperature
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
1 1/4 c. confectioner's sugar, sifted
zest of 1 lemon
zest of 1/2 orange
1 tsp. orange juice
pinch of salt

In a stand mixer, beat together butter, confectioner's sugar, cream, zest, lemon juice, vanilla and salt until combined. With the mixer set at a low speed, add the flour, one cup at a time until incorporated.


Turn the dough over on to plastic wrap and pat into a disk that is about 1/2 inch thick. Wrap it up and chill for at least an hour.


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

After the dough has chilled, place the dough on a flat, floured surface. Roll the dough out into about a 1/8 inch thickness. Cut out shapes using a cookie cutter and place them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, leaving at least 1 inch between the cookies.

Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the cookies just start to turn brown. Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool.

While the cookies are baking, make the citrus filling. Place the butter in a stand mixer and beat for 2 minutes until it becomes fluffy. Add cream cheese and beat until it's creamy. Add sugar, lemon zest, orange zest, orange juice and salt and beat until combined.



Once the cookies have cooled completely, add about 1 tbsp of the filling to one cookie. Take the next cookie and smush it on top of the first cookie so that the icing spreads to the edges. 

Serve with a tall glass of milk! Enjoy!

Check out past Sweet Tooth Sundays here:
Nutella and Toffee Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Mini Key Lime Pies
Easter Carrot Cake 

No comments:

Post a Comment