About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Monday, May 7, 2012

"Baby K"

....was what we called him for the entire 9 (or 10, really) months he was in utero. Landon was nameless to the public the entire time, except for a few slip-ups by Bartek that weren't caught. Luckily! We had decided on Landon's name about a month before he was due, but we didn't want to tell anyone. That was our little secret. 

It was one of the best decisions during my pregnancy, besides the health-related ones, obviously! We found out the sex of the baby, so that wasn't a surprise, but being able to tell people that "Landon Mikolaj" was born at 12:47 felt like such a great surprise to give others.

Besides having the surprise element, I was afraid of the feedback we'd get. Landon isn't really a popular name. Nor is it traditional. I didn't want people to think we were obsessed with Landon Donovan, though we do know of him. It just fit us ...and was the only name Bartek and I could agree on. After he was born, we got such positive feedback. Hopefully it was real, not just faux praise because people were being nice.

It was also nice to have something that just Bartek and I shared. When you are pregnant, people ask you so many questions...What's the sex of the baby? How much weight have you gained? What are you craving? It's the one thing that we kept to ourselves and I'm so happy we did. Sorry Mom and Dad! The next one's name will be a secret too!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, people are already asking us about names - we don't intend to find out the sex of the baby beforehand, nor do we want to let anyone know the names either. Granted, we don't have any definites yet, but we're making a list. It's fun to keep the names a secret - and I definitely always thought Landon was an adorable choice for your little guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I don't think I'd have the willpower to wait! Good for you guys! The good thing about not knowing the sex is that you can't slip up and accidentally blurt it out! Bartek would always call the baby "Landon" in front of me and he slipped up twice before Landon was born. He only got caught once, but I was still pissed!

      Delete
    2. Baby naming is so exciting! Hope you are having fun with it!

      Delete