About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Sweet Tooth Sunday (Monday Edition)-Strawberry Lemonade Bars

This is the second Sweet Tooth Sunday I did yesterday, but was too pooped from all of the Mother's Day festivities to post it!

This is a recipe I found on Pinterest from K&K Test Kitchen . It was great for a hot day like yesterday. The cool bars were crisp and refreshing! Reminding us that summer is right around the corner!


Strawberry Lemonade Bars
Crust
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, room temperature
1 1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt

Filling
1 c. lemon juice
2-3 tsp lemon zest
1/2 c. pureed strawberries
1 1/4 c. sugar
4 large eggs
1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Confectioner's sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.

In a mixing bowl, cream together sugar and butter until smooth. At a low speed, beat in flour and salt until the mixture is crumbly. Pat the mixture evenly into the bottom of the baking dish.

Bake for about 17 minutes, until the edges start to brown.

While it is baking, prepare the filling. In a food processor, combine lemon juice, zest, pureed strawberries, sugar and eggs until smooth. Add flour, baking powder and salt and pulse until the mixture is smooth.

Pour the filling over the crust and then bake for 23 minutes until it has set.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar and let cool completely. Once it has cooled, use a damp knife to cut into bars. If you are not serving them right away, store in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment