About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sweet Tooth Sunday-Cherry White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

This weekend was a family-filled weekend for sure, culminating today with a wonderful Gender Reveal party for my brother and sister-in-law's new baby (pics to come tomorrow). Since the cake was the star of the show today, I decided to make a small and easy treat for us to snack on. 

Adapted from the Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, behold the Cherry, White Chocolate, Macadamia Nut Cookie. 



Cherry, White Chocolate Chip, Macadamia Nut Cookies
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 sticks of butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 c. white chocolate chips
1/2 c. macadamia nuts (chopped)
1/2 c. dried cherries (chopped)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small mixing bowl. 

In a larger bowl, beat butter, both sugars, and vanilla extract until creamy. 



Add eggs one at a time, mixing until the dough is well combined. Slowly add the flour mixture. 

Stir in chocolate chips, cherries and macadamia nuts. 


Drop 1-inch cookie dough balls onto the cookie sheets, staggering them so they are about 2 inches from the other cookies. Bake for 9-11 minutes until they start to brown. 


Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes. After, transfer them to a wire-drying rack to cool all the way. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment