About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Another Favorite Baby Product

Today I stayed home with a sick baby, this time with a mild case of bronchitis. My poor little man never wins. With all the coughing he was doing, it was tough to get him to take a nap. Luckily, I found my new favorite baby product on the iTunes store!
image courtesy of Amazon.com


Normally, I'm not a fan of kids' music. It's just not something I enjoy listening to, except of course, Raffi! Renee and Jeremy's "A Little Love" album strikes an awesome balance of parent appeal and child enjoyability.

There are so many great songs on this album that are sung in Renee and Jeremy's soft soothing voice. It's easy for parents to sing along to. I think their beautiful voice and my familiar voice helped lull my sick baby right to sleep. Even Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Give It Away Now" sounded like a beautiful lullaby. Here is the cover of "Yellow" from Coldplay:



There was also "59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)" by Simon and Garfunkel which made me realize that most Si&Gar songs could be lullabies.

On a side note, while I was searching for enjoyable kids' music, I came across an album by Johnny Cash.
image courtesy of Amazon.com

It's pretty twisted! One of the songs is about killing his dog with a gun! It's so strange, but of course I downloaded it! Bartek will love it!

My Favorite Baby Products
Favorite Baby Products, Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment