About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Road Trip!

This weekend marks our first family trip! We'll be heading up to Lake Placid for some relaxation and hiking! Lake Placid is such a charming place. This will be the fourth time we're going.

One of my life goals is to become a Daks 46-er. A Daks 46-er is a person who has climbed all of the high peaks in the Adirondacks. I've been pursuing my dream for about 5 years now, but I took the last two years off to get married and have a baby. Now it's time to start up again! We've hiked three of the top five peaks. This year we will be doing a super easy (I hope?) hike to the summit of the 36th highest peak, with baby in tow. And maybe a side trip to another peak if we are feeling up to it.

Here are some photos of our last trip:
I realize this isn't an attractive photo, but I think it makes us looks like awesome  kickass hikers


At the summit of Algonquin

Stopped at lovely waterfalls on the way down
I've packed our life away into a billion bags. I'm just hoping that we didn't forget anything!


This is Landon's first trip and I'm so scared for the car ride. I'm really hoping that he sleeps for a decent amount of it. We'll be taking 1 or 2 pit stops. I just hope he doesn't feel too cooped up in his car seat!


No comments:

Post a Comment