About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sweet Tooth Sunday-Americana Berry Cocktail

I hope y'all are having a wonderful holiday weekend. Let's not forget what we are celebrating this weekend-those who have laid their lives on the line for our freedom. What better way to celebrate our freedom, than by spending time with family and friends. 



And just in time for Memorial Day (and Independence Day too), I've made a delicious berry cocktail. It's great to use ingredients that are in season and spring and summer are the best seasons of the year. Berries are tart yet sweet and a light citrus whipped cream balances it out.

Americana Berry Cocktail
Serves 4
16 oz. fresh strawberries
1 pint fresh blueberries
1 tbsp. sugar
1 c. heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. lemon juice (or more to taste)
1/4 c. confectioner's sugar (or more to taste)

Stick the bowl (in which you make the cream) and the whisk in the freezer while you prepare the berries.

Rinse, cut off the stems and halve or quarter the strawberries. Rinse the blueberries. Combine berries in a bowl and sprinkle sugar over them and toss. Refrigerate while you make the cream. 


Take the bowl and whisk out of the freezer. Combine cream, vanilla, lemon juice and confectioner's sugar at a low speed. Gradually increase the speed until whipped cream forms. 

Serve cream and berries together. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment