About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Crib Bumpers

Crib bumpers have gotten a bad rap in the past few years and rightly so. When used in infants' cribs, they cause an increase in the risks of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). Little babies can roll into them and suffocate because they don't have the strength to push themselves away. 

I was totally against using the crib bumpers that came with our bedding set until I realized one of the big reasons Landon was waking up in the middle of the night. He kept hitting his head on the slats of the crib. My son is a huge sleep-flailer. He rolls around so much and ends up on opposite ends of the crib all throughout the night. After he turned one-year-old, I decided to give the bumpers a whirl. 




They give his head a nice cushy surface to bounce off of when he's moving around and it has lead to much more peaceful nights.

Now, I'm not recommending using the bumpers for very young infants. I didn't use them until Landon was able to stand and walk on his own, meaning that his muscles, especially in his neck, had grown to be very strong.

And they look so much cuter on the crib than they did sitting there in the bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment