About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Wanderlust Wednesday-Warwick Valley Winery

As I mentioned on Sunday and Monday, my favorite day of the year is our annual Applefest celebration with our families. There are several orchards in the area, but for the past five years or so, we've been going to Warwick Valley Winery. 





We set up a little picnic area for ourselves on the sloping hill under the shade of the trees. After we put out our chairs and blankets, groups of us went down to the market part of the winery and loaded up on our favorite beverages (see the photo of Bartek's stash above). 





They offer tastings of 6 different wines (plus a souvenir glass) for $5. Since I already knew my favorites, I picked up a Riesling, Black Dirt Blush, and Harvest Moon-all white wines that are crisp and delicious. They are so reasonably priced. The most expensive wine I bought was the Riesling at $13.99.

We also picked up about five bottles of hard cider. We love the Raspberry and tried the Black Currant for the first time. It was amazing! The cashier said that the Black Currant had a limited supply and that it usually ran out at the beginning of Fall...bummer! It's so good! The cider is $4.99-$5.99 per bottle.

You can get refrigerated, ready-to-drink bottles or regular room temperature bottles. They'll open them up right there at the cash register and give you little plastic cups to drink with. 


If you want to pick apples, a bag costs $25. But if you aren't into the apple-thing, you can sit back on the lawn, listen to some good music, chat with your friends and drink amazing wine and cider. It's a fun thing to do with friends or family on a sunny Fall day.

Warwick Valley winery is located in the village of Warwick, NY, about an hour and a half from New York City. Address: 114 Little York Road, Warwick, New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment