About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Summer Recap

I had meant to post this on Labor Day, but extreme exhaustion hit on Monday night (read: I passed out on the couch) and yesterday the computer was hijacked all night for a Fantasy Football draft. So, two days later, I'm reminiscing about my summer. Back in March, after a particularly warm day in New York City, I wrote this post about my wishes for the summer. So, looking back, I wanted to see if I did them.



  • Building Sand Castles on the Beach-we didn't get to build castles, but we did take Landon to the beach for the first time. He loved it, but was afraid of the sand. The second time around, he couldn't get enough of it! He enjoyed his freedom and ran all over the beach...even tried chasing after some seagulls.

  • Taking Landon to swim in the pool-His first pool experience in Lake Placid was horrific. He was petrified of it and cried and clung to Bartek the whole time. 

We later realized that he just didn't like cold water. Once the weather got warmer, he was a fish!

  • Running through sprinklers and Slip 'N Slidin'-The Slip 'N Slide hasn't made a debut this year. Hopefully next year!
  • Taking Landon fishing with Grandpa-I must've thought Landon was really advanced for his age back in March. I have no doubt that Landon could hold a toddler-sized fishing pole, but I think he'd probably use it to whack Grandpa instead of fishing with it. Maybe next year!
  • Buoy-throwing with Bailey-of course! No summer is complete without some doggie-paddling! Bailey even got to swim around us as we kayaked in the lake. 

  • Bellvale Creamery- I think we only made it there one time this summer! Will definitely hit up Bellvale at least two times in the Fall. I'm still really sad that they discontinued my favorite flavor-After Dinner Mint
  • Giving Landon watermelon-Baby boy loves watermelon! He loves any fruit. We've only given it to him in chunks. Next year, he'll carry his own big slice and let the juice drip down his chin.
  • Fireworks on the 4th of July-this was definitely one of the highlights of my summer! The Fourth of July was right in the middle of our move, when we were out of our first apartment and not into the new one yet. We still took full advantage of Hoboken's great view of the city and watched the fireworks front-row. I was so afraid that Landon would freak out at the sight and loud booms of the fireworks. But mostly, he was in awe. I love the photo of him on Bartek's shoulders as he's watching the fireworks burst.



With the summer being half-consumed with our move to a new apartment, it had its ups and downs but the end of the summer really redeemed it. We swam a lot in the pool, went to the beach a few times and even took Landon to his first Yankees game. 




Although I'm sad to see Summer go, I'm really excited for Fall. There's football, Applefest, winery trips, slowly cooling weather, and a new baby nephew to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment