About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Mindy Project

Last week I mentioned that one of the new shows I was going to tune into this season was The Mindy Project. Well, today the pilot aired and I loved it!




The pilot introduced us to Mindy, a gynecologist who is down on her luck in the dating world. Her dentist boyfriend of three months dumps her for a Serbian bagel girl and marries her two months later. Mindy gets drunk, makes a cringe-worthy speech at his wedding, and then gets arrested for disorderly conduct. After a stint in jail, she's late to a patient's delivery and her arch-nemesis, Dr. Castellano, steals her patient right out from under her.

After the drunken wedding nightmare, Mindy prepares for a first date. She has major first-date-jitters: issues like picking out an outfit, talking too much and too fast and revealing that she stalked him online before their date. It's what all single women fear!

Overall, I think this is a great show. It's really racy and politically incorrect but it connects with the audience perfectly. Single girls need a show that makes light of the whole dating, trying-to-figure-out-your-life situation that they face and this perfectly fits the bill.

I can't wait for next weeks' episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment