About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fall TV

As sad as this sounds, the end of summer means the beginning of one thing I'm very excited for! Fall TV! Our favorite shows are finally back.

This is what I'm looking forward to this season

Shark Tank-ABC, Fridays at 8pm, already started on September 14th. There's nothing better than a bunch of millionaires bickering about the worth of a nobody with a grand idea. The bickering is great, but I love watching the show to learn the ins and outs of businesses-what they're worth, the profit they make, and the royalties some business owners can make. It's really inspiring. Maybe I'll have a million-dollar idea one day.
ABC.go.com



On a side note, when we were on vacation in Lake Placid, we got some Canadian channels on the TV in our hotel room. And what was on? Dragon's Den...the original Shark Tank, starring Kevin O'Leary and Robert Herjavec. I had no idea it was an international show.

Up All Night-NBC, Thursdays at 8:30 pm, starting on September 20th. This is one of my favorite shows from last season. I remember seeing the initial commercials for it last year and thinking "I've got to tune into this!" As a mother of a one-month old, I was already experiencing some of the things that Reagan and Chris were going through. I even dedicated this blog post to the show in February.


It really helps to find the humor in parenting, marriage and friendships. Being a parent can be utterly hilarious some times-from terrible diaper changing moments (where you can't help but laugh out of desperation) to seeing your significant other act like a fool just to make your baby smile. I love this show for so many reasons, but I think what I really love about it is Maya Rudolph's brilliant humor as the uptight Ava, an Oprah in the making. I can't wait for the show to start again!

The Office-NBC, Thursdays at 9:00 pm, starting on September 20th. Well, it sure has gone down hill in the past few years, but we have to see how it all culminates in the end in the ninth and final season.  Will Dwight ever become regional manager of Dunder Mifflin Scranton? Will we finally see whose behind the cameras of the mockumentary? And what its for? Will Angela realize that her husband, The Senator, is gay and get back with Dwight? So many answers to find out!

image from Variety
Parks and Recreation-NBC, Thursdays at 9:30pm, starting on September 20th. I just started watching this show last season and fell in love with it. Amy Poehler plays neurotic Leslie Knope, who in the last season, just barely won her campaign for city council. This show has amazing characters. I love Ron Swanson, April and Andy. I can't ever imagine them being coworkers in real life.


New Girl-FOX, Tuesdays at 8:00 pm, starting on September 25th. This is another show I became obsessed with when I saw it. Zooey Deschanel plays the quirky, yet lovable Jess who moves in with three strangers after a bad breakup. It doesn't take long before she feels right at home and she somehow deals with all the crazy things happening in her life: she dates a student's dad, catches her best friend having sex with her roommate. It's full of laughs and Zooey's innocent humor really hits a home run here.
Fox.com
Modern Family-ABC, Wednesdays at 9:00pm, starting on September 26th. Modern Family, now in its fourth season, has lost us a little bit, but hopefully it will draw us back in early on in the season. I'm sure there's tons of laughs coming with Gloria's pregnancy. I can only imagine what she'll be like when she's pregnant-my guess is that she'll embrace an even more voluptuous chest and continue to wear her heels. Also, Cam and Mitch should finally be getting their second child. Hopefully, Lily will show the new kid who's boss!


The Amazing Race-CBS, Sundays at 8:00pm, starting on September 30th. It's in it's 21st season now but we just started watching a few years ago. Once we started, we were hooked. What could be better: traveling around the world, cracking clues, doing fun physical activities and cooperating with (or more like learning to hate) someone near and dear to you.


cbs.com

These are shows I may be tuning into this year:

The Mindy Project-Fox, Tuesdays at 9:30 pm starting on September 25th. 
"A sitcom that follows a single physician with a unique persona as she tries to navigate her way through her personal and professional life" (Wikipedia)
fox.com

Ben and Kate-Tuesdays at 8:30pm, starting on September 25th
"This series focuses on the lives of a brother and sister who are exact opposites. After Ben realizes that his sister needs help with both her life and taking care of her daughter, he decides to move in so Kate can start rediscovering hat she missed out on." (Wikipedia)
fox.com
All in all, it looks like a very promising Fall season for us couch potatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment