About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wanderlust Wednesday-Victory Garden

Last week, Bartek met me in the city for lunch. He was on a much needed two week break from work and I made him promise to meet me at least twice in the city and he made good on it. We grabbed some brick oven pizza and decided we needed a little something sweet to wash it down. I had walked by Victory Garden often before without ever stopping in but the day had finally come. It was a warm 80 degrees, perfect weather for ice cream. There are a few ice cream places within those few blocks in the Village. I go to Phileo Yogurt all of the time and Grom (gelato) is just way too expensive. It was time for something new.



And new, it was! Victory Garden makes all their ice cream with goat milk. It tastes completely different than regular soft serve and regular frozen yogurt. We both tried the Salted Caramel soft serve. It was so delicious and incredibly rich, like you need a glass of milk (just regular cow's milk, not goat!) to wash it down. The small size is the most you need to be satisfied.

For all you locavores, you'll be excited to know that all of their ingredients come from local sources-New York, New Jersey, Vermont, etc.


31 Carmine Street, New York, New York.
http://victorygardennyc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment