About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Chrissi. I live in Hoboken, home of the "Cake Boss" and the birthplace of baseball and Frank Sinatra. With my husband, infant son and extraordinary super-dog we are set to take over the world... of mommy blogging (Well, at least I'm trying...they are tagging along!) I love to bake and I share Sweet recipes I try every Sunday. I post every night (or at least I try to post every night!) around midnight. The only time, as a new mother, that I have to myself.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sweet Tooth Sunday-Chocolate PB Pretzel Cookies

I haven't posted a Sweet Tooth Sunday in so long! I haven't stopped my once-a-week sweet craze. I've made some delicious things: Nutella Coconut Ice Pops and After Dinner Mint ice cream. I'll have to post those some time soon.

Tonight, I wanted something easy to make. We've had a very busy weekend, so some nice, peaceful baking was in store.

I found this recipe from Pinterest as inspiration, but I decided to take the original Toll House chocolate chip recipe as a base for it instead.







Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Pretzel Cookies
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. butter (2 sticks)-room temperature
3/4 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 c. pretzels
1 c. Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chunks
1 c. peanut butter chips


Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, beat butter, both sugars, and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time until well-blended. Gradually add the flour mixture to it.

Chop until the pretzels into small chunks. Add to the dough along with the chocolate chunks and peanut butter chips.

Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets, 1-2 inches apart.


Bake for 9-11 minutes, until slightly brown.

Cool completely on cooling rack.


Enjoy with a tall glass of milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment